Registering Your POINT Device
All POINT devices are required to be registered to a user or organization. This ensures proper ownership of the devices being utilized. It will also ensure on boarding your future product support experiences through the POINT cloud services, such as the ability to Chat through the POINT mobile app to our product support team, and performing a remote support session with the Scale-Tec support team, allowing real time access to your scale system for diagnosis and troubleshooting.
At the purchase of your POINT device, we may have already setup your calibration for you. We call this a "PROFILE." This calibration is held within our cloud service, and is waiting for your POINT device to contact us through your registration process. It is necessary to have internet connectivity during the registration process. After the POINT is registered, internet connectivity is not required to operate and change settings on the POINT device. If you don't believe you have the correct profile assigned to your scale system, please contact our support team at 888-962-2344.
Here is how you register and initially connect to your POINT Device....
1. You must have already created an account and logged into your POINT mobile app.
If you are in the process of creating an account, the POINT registration process continues to walk you through registering your device.
2. After you create your account, you will be brought to the device splash page, which will allow you to choose the POINT you are wanting to register. Click on the POINT device you want to register to and connect to the device.
It is necessary to have your Bluetooth Enabled/On for your device. Go to your settings and turn on your Bluetooth. You will not be able to connect/pair to the POINT device through the Bluetooth settings. POINT provides a special Bluetooth protocol that is only visible within our mobile app.
It is necessary to have Location Services Enabled/On for your device. Go to your settings and turn on your Location Services. POINT will only be visible to the app if Location Services are turned on.
The POINT device is labeled with the POINT product identification number (Found in the upper left corner of the POINT device when you turn it on) and the live weight reading of the scale. Use this to match up the POINT if you are registering multiple POINT devices to your account.
3. Read the message and click on the "Continue" button.
4. Click on the Profile Number assigned to your POINT Device, or Profile that you want, and click "CONTINUE."
5. The POINT mobile app will now program your POINT device with the correct parameters and calibration. Click go to LIve Scale for the remote display capability of the mobile app.
Congratulations, you have now setup your POINT device. Refer to further help articles to made settings adjustments and configuration changes within your POINT device.