Congratulations on the purchase of your new Scale-Tec DT06 Junction Bank. This Junction bank is designed to provide superior connection keeping dust and moisture out of the connection, as well as provide easy serviceability for troubleshooting purposes.
Using any sort of electrical grease in the ports can damage the bank. Issues caused by the grease will not be covered under our warranty.
This SAFETY ALERT SYMBOL indicates important safety messages in the manual. When you see this symbol, be alert to the possibility of PERSONAL INJURY and carefully read the message that follows.
NEVER OPERATE WITHOUT ALL COVERS, SHIELDS AND GUARDS IN PLACE. KEEP HANDS, FEET AND CLOTHING AWAY FROM MOVING PARTS. FAILURE TO HEED MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH.
Some covers and guards have been removed for illustrative/photographic purposes only in this manual.
For information on ordering repair parts, refer to Parts Section in this book.
This supersedes all previous published instructions.
Charging Battery and Welding
Disconnect all cables from the weighing indicator before charging the battery or welding on the machine. If cables are left connected, the weighing indicator and connected load cells could be damaged.
Important: Do not weld near indicator, load cells or cables; remove from area to be welded. Place ground close to area to be welded to prevent current from passing through electronic parts.
Junction Bank Installation
P/N 7600999 (Junction Bank 7 Position with Plugs)
The junction bank is water resistant, not water-proof. It should be mounted to avoid submersion during wet weather and to avoid physical abuse. The junction bank can be mounted on the front or rear of the drill, planter or seeder. All load cell cables must reach the junction bank. Install by removing the double sided VHB tape backing and apply to a cleaned surface.
NOTE: It is best to mount the junction bank in a position that is perpendicular to the ground/surface, to allow any collection of water/moisture and dust to drain/fall away from the Junction bank.
1. Route front and rear load cell cables to Junction Bank location. Make sure they are not bound or pinched. Cable tie (Customer provided) load cell cables in place.
NOTE: Do not cut or shorten cable length of loadcells. If there is extra length of load cell cable, tie this cable up and secure it to the frame of the implement. Cutting the cable will affect the calibration of your scale system and may cause inaccurate weights.
2. Insert the load cell cables DT06 connector J-box cables into each available port of the Junction Bank.
NOTE: There are six available ports for loadcells with a seventh position utilized for the interface cable to the indicator or scale controller device.
3. Ensure any remaining unused ports on the junction box are filled with the plugs provided within the kit.
NOTE: There is no order or specific port configuration for connection of loadcells or interface cable. It is a universal connection for loadcells and interface cable. Any loadcell can be connected to any position on the Junction Bank. The interface cable can be connected in any of the positions on the junction bank as well.
DT-06 SPLICE KIT
It may be necessary to convert an older style junction box for your scale system that has crown connectors , M12 (EZMATE) connectors , or flying leads to the newer DT06 type of junction bank. The following information will guide you through applying the correct pin-out of the DT06 connectors as well as proper methods of heat shrink to the load cell cables .
The AT-06 loadcell configuration can support multiple types of loadcells. The following loadcells are found to be the most common, and you should refer to the specific pin number on the rear of the connector for the correct correlating color of wire.
Strip outer shell back 2 inches and no further, as your heat shrink will not properly cover the exposed wires. Ensure you do not cut the ground wire, as this represents pin 5 in all load cell types and provides proper grounding for the loadcell.
Junction Bank 7 POS NO PLUGS
PLUGS, DT06 with Cable Seal
TESTING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING
IMPORTANT: All bars need to weigh accurately before it will be beneficial to recalibrate your indicator
1) Measure the same person, or a 200 pound weight, on each of the weigh bars.
- If one weighs negative, turn that weigh bar over. (An upside down bar will weigh negative.)
- If one side is weighing 20% light, check for an obstruction. Is anything binding or any metal rubbing?
- Could be a faulty weigh bar
- If they are all even weights, but are weighing light or heavy, you need to adjust the calibration. If your scale is more than 5% off, call us for help, as your scale may have had the wrong calibration number put in it from the factory. 1-888-962-2344.
- The hopper being weighed needs to be at least ¾ full for us to adjust calibration.
- Check operator’s manual or give us a call at 1-888-962-2344.
The following process needs to occur in an effort to eliminate one part at a time in an effort to find the problem! When you reconnect the faulty part you will have erratic readings again.
1) Disconnect the junction bank cable from the indicator marked “load cells”. The indicator should stabilize after 45 seconds. Try to zero out the indicator. IF the indicator won’t zero out, the indicator is the problem.
IF it will zero out:
2) Connect the junction bank back to the indicator. And then disconnect all of the load cells from the junction bank.
3) Zero out the indicator. IF the indicator won’t zero out the problem is the junction bank or the junction bank cable.
IF it will zero out:
4) Reconnect the load cells ONE AT A TIME, zeroing out the indicator each time. When you reconnect the faulty load cell, you will indicate erratic readings again.